This document sets out the end-user license agreement and terms and conditions of use of the WeatherBets app (the “Terms”) which form a legal agreement between you (“End- user” or “you”) and WetterMachen UG (haftungsbeschränkt) of Brandenburgische Str. 18, Berlin, Germany („WeatherBets“, “Licensor”, “us” or “we”) in respect of:
• the WeatherBets mobile application software and any data or associated media supplied with that software (the “App”);
• any online or electronic documents provided by the Licensor and related to the App (the “Documents”); and
• the services, facilities and activities to be provided through the App.
We license use of the App and Documents to you on the basis of these Terms and subject to any rules or policies (“Appstore Rules”) applied by any app store provider or operator from whose site the End-user downloads the App (“Appstore”). We do not sell the App or Documents to you. We remain the owners of the App and Documents at all times.
Operating system requirements:
This App requires an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, iOS version 10.0 or higher, at least 50 MB of free disk space and Internet access.
• The App has been created for promotional purposes and contains content provided by
third party advertisers, brand owners and advertising agencies.
• If you do not agree to these Terms, we will not license the App and Documents to you and you must stop using the App and delete it from your Device.
• By downloading the App you authorize us to provide the App and the Services to you during any cancellation period to which you may be entitled under applicable consumer protection legislation. However, you have the right to cancel these Terms and stop using the App and the Services at any time as set out in condition 9 below.
WetterMachen UG (haftungsbeschränkt) of Brandenburgische Str. 18, Berlin, Germany (“We”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
incorporated by reference into the Terms) applies to your use of:
• the WeatherBets mobile application software (“App”) hosted on the website of various app stores (together the “App Site”), once you have downloaded a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”); and
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us (“Submitted Information”): You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together “Our Sites”), or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or telephone). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register the App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for a Service, share data via the App’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, play a game on the App or any of Our Sites, redeem your WeatherCoins in the App’s Reward Shop (as described in more detail in the EULA) and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of Our Sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial information, personal description and photograph, responses to survey or competition questions. In order to verify this information we reserve the right to ask for a copy or scan of your ID card.
• Information We collect about you and your Device: Each time you visit one of our Sites or use one of our Apps We may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, your IDFA, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting (“Device Information”);
• details of your use of any of our apps (including the App) or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data and the resources that you access (“Log Information”).
• Location information. We may also use GPS or similar technology to determine your current location (“Location Information”). Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work.
• Information We receive from other sources (“Third Party Information”). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, advertisers, product or service suppliers or promoters, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
• If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
• “Unique application numbers”: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your Device if you agree.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your Device’s drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the App and Our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into the App and use the Reward shop.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Our Sites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way the App and Our Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our Sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Our Sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the App and Our Sites and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser (or your Device settings) that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser or Device settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) this may impair your enjoyment of the App and you may not be able to access all or parts of Our Sites.
Uses made of the information
We use Submitted Information, Device Information, Log Information, Location Information, Third Party Information and Unique application number information held about you in order to give you the best possible experience when using the App. This means that the information described above is being used to clearly identify our users and target them in- App in the right time in the right place with interesting and relevant games-based advertising offers. Furthermore, We use the information described above to manage our Reward handling and fulfilment in a proper manner, to monitor and analyse usage and activities, to send technical/support/administrative notices, to maintain and improve our products, to link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs, to provide you with better service and to carry out any other purpose for which information was collected. We will use your Submitted Information to contact you via e- mail for user feedback and marketing purposes. In certain cases we may provide pseudonymised and/or anonymous aggregate information to our partners for analysis without disclosing any information by which you may be personally identified.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or any other third party, other than members of Our Group (as defined below), for marketing or advertising purposes. However, We may provide them with anonymous aggregate information or pseudonymised information about our users. An example of anonymous aggregate information is that We may inform our advertisers or other third parties that men aged under have clicked on a given advertisement on any given day. Anonymous aggregate information can never be traced back to an identifiable individual. An example of pseudonymised information is that We may inform our advertisers or other third parties that a year old male located in the High Street in Cambridge clicked on an advertiser’s advertisement at 1pm on 8 December With pseudonymised information, a reference or pseudonym is attached to a record to allow the information to be associated with a particular individual without the individual actually being identified Pseudonymised information cannot be traced back to an identifiable individual without access to an encryption key or similar technology (which we will not disclose to advertisers or other third parties (other than members of Our Group)). We may also use such anonymous aggregate or pseudonymised information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in South London). We may make use of the personal data We have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. Our advertisers and other third parties to which We disclose this information may be located either inside or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We, or any member of Our Group (as defined below), may use your personal information (including name, address, email address, telephone number and mobile/cell phone number) to market our own goods and services (or those of any member of Our Group) but We will not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information (other than anonymous aggregate or pseudonymised information, as described above) to anyone outside Our Group for marketing purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose some or all of the data We collect from you when you download or use the App to the following third parties in a pseudonymised and/or anonymous aggregate manner:
• We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (together “Our Group”).
• We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or protect the rights, property or safety of WetterMachen UG (haftungsbeschränkt) our
customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and
organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML and other technology.
Certain Services include social networking or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to require us and members of Our Group at any time to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes by terminating the licence and right to use the App and Services in accordance with condition 9.1 of the Terms. Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The federal data protection laws of Germany give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with these laws. If applicable by law, we may request a small fee of not more than €5 to meet our costs in providing you with the data.
1. The WeatherBets App goal
We at WeatherBets love weather! So we thought, why can you bet on sports and play the lottery, but not bet on the weather? And what could be better than combining this with awesome rewards for playing?
The free WeatherBets app is an application that rewards players for betting on the weather of the future, at any location, at any date. The reward comes in the form of WeatherCoins, WeatherBets internal currency that can in turn be redeemed for rewards. WeatherBets sees itself as a playful experience of getting rewarded with real prizes in exchange for watching advertisements presented throughout the app. All contents of the app are promotional. WeatherBets receives money from its advertisers. With this money, WeatherBets can keep the app as a free-to-download platform and refinance the Rewards. Without the advertiser’s money however, WeatherBets could not offer content or bonuses. The refinancing is also supported through the in-app purchases we offer, namely the WeatherBets+ membership. With this membership, you get certain rewards like more coins to be won through your bets, and the money you paid for it helps refinancing the app and the rewards, too.
2. Why game rules?
We at WeatherBets want fair and transparent interaction with our players. Therefore, at this point we want to establish a few simple, basic rules. Everyone who abides by these rules will get their Rewards immediately. If a user circumvents or wilfully ignores these rules, they forfeit any claim to rewards and the corresponding player will be banned immediately.
The following WeatherBets app (app = Application) games Rules/participation rules shall apply in addition to the general terms and conditions. Upon starting to use the WeatherBets app the player agrees to these regulations (terms and conditions and rules of the game). A violation of the Game Rules occurs when a WeatherBets App player tries to collect “WeatherCoins” in a way deviating from the intended original form programmed or editorially created by us at WeatherBets. In particular, all kinds of technical manipulation of the WeatherBets app or all of its related technical systems are included as a violation of our rules.
We at WeatherBets love online betting. Especially online betting where you simply can't lose!
In WeatherBets, you are not betting any real money. In fact, you are only betting with our virtual currency WeatherCoins. When you sign up in the app, you receive 50 of them free of charge. Just like that! We designed WeatherCoins to be somehow equal to $0.01 in the reward shop. However, some rewards may not fit into this price scheme. But this is a basic rule you can play with.
Betting on WeatherBets is really easy. You simply have to choose at which location you want to bet on the weather (which you can choose by your own geo location, tapping on the interactive map or searching a location through the searchfield), the date you want to bet on and the type of bet you want to place. Also, you need to specify how many WeatherCoins you are willing to lose. Based on this number and your previous choices, our super-complex algorithms automatically calculate how many coins you can win. You then get displayed exactly how much you are betting and how much you can win. Please note: If the app reads "50 WeatherCoins -> 75 WeatherCoins" for example, this means that you are betting 50 WeatherCoins and can win 75 in exchange. Therefore, the 50 WeatherCoins are gone and you can receive 75 WeatherCoins in exchange for them if you win the bet.
So, your profit would be 25 WeatherCoins then.
4. WeatherCoins (Points)
The number of WeatherCoins awarded per bet varies. The number cannot be guaranteed. It is completely based on the very individual bet you are placing and how many coins you are putting on stake. However, we guarantee that all WeatherCoins earned fairly can be redeemed for Rewards as soon as possible.
5. Breach of rules
In case of a breach of the rules of the game, the player is immediately banned and all of the player’s WeatherCoins are cancelled. We reserve the right to take legal steps as we see fit. Should our technical systems be damaged in any way, then we will take legal action. Each player is called upon to store his login data carefully and protect it against access by third parties. WeatherBets never asks actively for a player’s data. Only if a player loses their data, then it could occur that WeatherBets asks a customer directly for certain personal information in order to reactivate a lost account. For this, the player must identify themselves as an active WeatherBets customer. Violations include: unauthorized entry into our back-end systems and databases, manipulation of the WeatherBets app, manipulation of a cell phone (mobile device) or the operating system, multiple installation and uninstalling of the WeatherBets app on one or more devices for the purpose of the multiple WeatherCoin collection for one game or the "pirating" of foreign players accounts.
We at WeatherBets are always happy to help you with any question you have about your app or your WeatherCoins? You will get a quick response at email@example.com
Totally! We are a legal company from Germany. If you have any problems, simply shoot us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible!
There's no definite answer to this. From gift cards over real prizes like gaming consoles to pure $$$ to your PayPal account: You decide. We regularly add new prizes to our catalog, so keep one eye open for those!
Actually, this is super easy: You just need to place a bet on the weather (anywhere on the world, really) and be right. Based on how unlikely and how far in the future your bet was, you'll win a specific amount of coins you can later on redeem in the shop.
No problem at all! If you've got no more coins left, we will simply offer you to watch a short video ad. After you've watched this, we will gift you with some free coins.